Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen



I am one of those pesky pale people, who even when tan, I still look pale. As a teenager, I spent my summers lifeguarding 8 hours a day, sometimes 7 days a week. A tan was a badge of honor. My fellow guards and I would use low SPF sunscreen or even oil and work on those glows for 3 months. I even looked tan if you saw my strap lines. Now you hear about how Melanoma is effecting people in their 20's. Though I can't turn back the clock on those glorious summer days, today I am a sunscreen addict. I wear sunscreen every single day, particularly on my face. My favorite daily moisturizer with sunscreen is Neutrogena's Healthy Defense in SPF 30 (available at drugstores for about $14). It's not greasy and putting makeup works well if you allow your skin to absorb for a couple minutes. I can hope I have that skin in my 50's that makes people envious including my older sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment