Tuesday, February 26, 2013

swimming swimming in the swimming pool



New York is one of the few places I’ve lived where finding a good place to swim laps is tricky. I’ve never quite understood this super tiny pools that the health clubs that do have pools have – as a former competitor I find with flip turns it feels like I am taking about four strokes to make it to the wall. I completely understand that real estate is prime here, and pool insurance is sky high – but it still makes me dream of having a luxurious swimming pool one day. My dream home completely has just a beautiful pool, perfect for laps and lounging, as well as someone else to clean it for me (I am a just a tiny bit too practical some times when it comes to the dream). What does your dream home have?


(photo via pinterest)

6 comments:

  1. Pools in New York health spas are definitely not for competitive swim training; though the ones that simulate current are a good substitute. But I do agree that I'd enjoy a huge pool where I can do some laps. I also share the idea of hiring someone to do the cleaning because, while I'm fine scooping out leaves and such, I don't think I can bother myself with learning about pH levels, pumps, drains and other technical stuff that goes into pool maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dylan-

      Glad to know I am not the only one who knows having a pool maintenance person is the only way to go. If you are going to dream - go big.

      Thank you for stopping by!
      Jill

      Delete
  2. We share the same dream, Jill. I also wish of having a luxury pool where I can regulate the waves and the temp. And I want it Olympic-sized so that I can perform some multiple laps and make myself believe that I'm the best swimmer in the world. `Sounds pretty cool, right? =)

    Cathy Newman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy - That does sound amazing - and who doesn't pretend they are as good as Micheal Phelps when they swim! Thank you for stopping by!
      Jill

      Delete
  3. This is a good post. I'm definitely going to look into it.Really very useful tips are provided here.thank you so much.Keep up the good works.

    Swimming Pool Sleaning Service

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a swimming pool for their very own is one thing a lot of people wish for. Going for a dip after a stressful day, or even just to relax over the weekend without having to leave the house, does sound like a nice thing to do. And I think it wouldn’t be too much if you want one installed in your backyard, right? Thanks for sharing!

    Peter Weiderman @ Guardian Industries

    ReplyDelete