Monday, January 27, 2014

ground control


Greetings from the airport, where I am taking a break from doing a bit of work to catch up on my writing here. Per usual, when I fly, I am delayed which is typical. I've gotten so use to the delays I always keep a few things up my sleeves to keep myself entertained. Some of my favorite ways to past the time is to people watch, some reason travel brings out the worst in people - at least when you are at the airport - tensions are high, people want to eat, use the rest room and everyone has a different pace at what works for them. I also think heading to the airport bar is another great way to watch people- and use nice plates with plastic silverware. I also find this makes me way more relaxed for my flight. I enjoy looking in the bookstores to see what's on the latest best seller list and see if there is any books I should add to my must read list. Reading is one of my favorite ways to pass the time though, and in true airport fashion, any magazine purchased feels like a little guilty pleasure.

(photo via pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment