Friday, June 7, 2013

Esther Williams



Esther Williams recently passed away, and I normally do not get into celebrity deaths. However, upon hearing of Esther’s death I couldn’t help but remember all things from childhood that had her influence. For those of you unfamiliar with Williams’ career she was famous for swimming in movies in the 1940s and 1950s. If you were a big Judy Blume fan, you might remember that Sally J. Freedman wanted to be in movies just like Esther (loved Sally, she is a great character – and I think I read this book when I was 12 and I still remember it). Perhaps though, my favorite Esther Williams tribute is Miss Piggy’s above. Granted I have always loved Miss Piggy- I was her for Halloween on year as child (thanks Dad for making one of the best costumes ever). I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment