Tuesday, July 24, 2012

somebody's watching me


The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian was one of those books that I could not stop reading, even when I knew I really should be sleeping or paying more attention while on the train. The plot weaves around a young woman, Laurel, living in Burlington, Vermont who has survived a very traumatic event in her life, and a box of photos left behind by an elderly homeless man once he passes away. As she unravels the stories behind the photos, the story twists and turns as it unfolds - this is one that you should not read the last pages because the flip is that good. As I started to pick up on the underlying story, I had to keep turning back to see if I would have interpreted the story differently. I also liked the reference to my school, Saint Michael's College - even if it was short and sweet (go knights!).

No comments:

Post a Comment