Thursday, May 2, 2013

a mother's love



A recent great read to recommend to all of you, "Reconstructing Amelia" by Kimberly McCreight. Taking place in Brooklyn, one of those boroughs I like but don't visit nearly as much as I should, Amelia is a sophomore at a prestigious prep school, who commits suicide, her mother goes through facebook, emails, and text messages to put together the last few weeks of her life in a compelling story of mysterious clubs, tangled love stories and complicated teenage friendships. I loved the mysterious nature, and thanked my lucky stars smartphones were not popular when I went to high school - yowser - it makes things seem so much simpler from what I assumed was drama filled at the time. Definitely pick this one up if you are looking for a unique page turner.

No comments:

Post a Comment