Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Silver Linings Playbook



I am behind the times - right around when the movie, “The Silver Linings Playbook” was released (I think it was last fall?), half of the bloggers I follow wrote about how amazing the book was. It was on my list to be read the book by Matthew Quick ever since several people claimed this to be one of their all-time favorites, and it certainly did not disappoint me.  Even though I hadn’t seen the movie (there were Oscar nominations though, so that makes the plot fair game), I had an idea of the premise  - but it was the style of writing that made me not want to put this book down, it was so honest and such a powerful story. I also will say I just loved the name Pat Peoples – it still makes me smile – I love unique names. I thought the detail regarding Pat’s mental illness was very interesting  and how he and those around him dealt with the issues surrounding all of their lives – everyone was impacted by him, for good and bad.

(photo from tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment