Wednesday, December 10, 2014

read, need, wear, want


One of my favorite ways to do Christmas presents is the something to read, something to wear, something you need and something you want. I think that's a great way to think about gifts for the young and old. It also covers one of my fundamental favorite items to gift - books. It's no secret that I love to read - so I almost always give the kids on my gift lists books. Literacy is our friend. Given this favorite approach to a gift wish list I thought I'd share my list with you all.

Something to Read: One More Thing - B.J. Novak. All things Mindy Kaling, it's time for me to read B.J.'s book. I also think I drive by his high school on my way home from spinning most weekends. This is top of my list of books to read in 2015.

Something to Wear: This beautiful cardigan from Banana Republic.I picture myself wearing it at work, curled up on the couch with my book and a coffee, as an extra layer of warmth in the polar vortex. I also love that it comes in my favorite neutral - grey.


Something I need: a new Crock-Pot. Mine is super tiny, and every time I use it, it overflows no matter how hard I try not to get to that point. I'd love a new one that's a bit bigger so I can make meals for the work week.


Something I want: Snowshoe Lessons. Something that's long been on my want to do list, I figure if I got them as a gift I'd have to use it, and stop finding reasons not to go do this.


What's on your list? I'd love if you'd share your read, need, wear and want in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment