Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Anna is better than Elsa




I confess, I only saw Frozen while in route home from the UK. I am beyond late to this party. I love going to the movies, but I don’t make it to the theaters the way I’d like to, so I love the day flight home from Europe because there are so many newer movies that I get to see, that maybe I’d never see. If you’ve been living under a rock, then you don’t know that Frozen was the masterpiece that Disney put out at the end of 2013 – very popular and I think everyone knows the lyrics to Let It Go (the song has been on my Spotify since the Oscars). I think everyone I knew with little girls has had to buy an Elsa dress, and that made me think she’d be the best character in the movie, but no no no, Anna is the best. Alas, I present you why Anna is the best Frozen character.

Anna is the younger sister, who just wants to be friends with her older sister. Now, I do think the parents keeping Elsa locked away was weird, but Anna just wanted her friend.

Elsa flees to the mountains to live in solitude, Anna makes friends with Kristoff, Olaf, Sven, Hans.

Anna sings “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” which is my favorite song from the movie.

Anna saves her sister, she could have kissed the boy, but instead she protects her sister from death. She’s all about the family even after being shafted for years.

Anna is so kind, Elsa kind of comes across as a b-word. And no, that’s not beautiful.


(image via pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment