Monday, July 8, 2013

the lion in the lei shop




Summer time television is terrible – I cannot get on board with anything so I primarily have either been watching Full House reruns (I know, it’s so cheesy but I cannot stop myself no matter how hard I try), or reading like there’s going to be a test on the chapters the next day at work.  I just finished a great book, The Lion in the Lei Shop by Kaye Starbird, which is about a family impacted by the attack on Pearl Harbor. I liked how the book was narrated by both the little girl and her mother, giving slightly different memories of the same events. The author did a great job capturing the different viewpoints for both characters and their family and friends.  If you enjoy historical fiction based on real events, I highly recommend picking up this book for some summer reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment