Monday, August 18, 2014

from my bookshelf: this is where i leave you





So, I found out that Tina Fey and Jason Bateman are going to be a movie together which is based off the book, This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper. The movie trailer looks so funny, and the cast list is amazing - Connie Britton, Adam Driver, Jane Fonda and more (honestly, like could I go to dinner with you all?).  I am a firm believer in book before movie, because I’ll never read a book if I know what’s going to happen.  A quick synopsis is the patriarch of a family passes away and a provision of the will is that the whole family sit Shiva for one week in the family house. Adult children are put in childhood bedrooms (some not their own) and the whole family gets a lot of togetherness. I loved the all family dysfunction (all our families are dysfunctional ), but deep down you could see how much the adult children truly still cared about one another.  There are some definite oh my god, did that just happen? I would highly recommend reading this one before you see the movie, because I know everyone will see this movie.


(photo found on Refinery29, originally from EW)

No comments:

Post a Comment