Thursday, October 20, 2011

Of schoolgirl fantasy

This season I've taken a strong liking to shorter cardigans. For many years now the trend is to wear long cardigans that cover up some key assets. Now, I'll admit sometimes a longer top half of an outfit is 100% necessary, however the short sweater is making it's way back into my life. I am a fan of dividing your outfit into thirds- so that 1/3 is your top, and a skirt will cover the other 2/3 of your outfit. This look feels classic to me, and will probably be more permanent in my outfit choices.  I've found a few different sweaters so far - like this one from JCrew, that just seem to ease into my work wardrobe. I am reminded of old Catholic school uniforms, minus the plaid skirt, which should please my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment