Tuesday, August 21, 2012

this is the tale of the castways




It felt very appropriate while in Cape Cod, to be reading a book based in Nantucket. I was killing time at the airport before my flight and was perusing the 50% off pre-read books to see if any looked good or were by authors I’ve read before, when I spied The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand. Having read books by her in the past, I figured this would be a great vacation read since it should be a little scandalous, happy little beach read. Oh boy, was I ever right – think of four couples who live on the island who intermingle in each others lives, some in aspects that are a bit shocking. Everyone seems to have a love interest outside their own two-some, and seeing the weaving landscape of the group and their dynamics is interesting to say the list. Definitely consider this for a great escape from deep thinking books – no googling needed, just a great way to enjoy passing time in the blissful sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment