Tuesday, March 5, 2013

the perks...





Movies that do the book justice – it’s not often I feel that way. I read the book, “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” probably 6 years ago. I was living in Brookline, MA at the time and I remember wishing I was old enough to have grown up at the end of the 1980s/ very early 1990s like my older sister, since I remembered being a little elementary school kid. I finally got around to watching the movie this past weekend, remembering some of the difficult subject matter of the book and wondering how well the movie would address that. I thought it was tasteful, and really showed how the protagonist Charlie found himself in the process of navigating through his first year of high school. And I found Emma Watson extraordinarily believable as someone other than Hermione Granger ( as a Potter-lover, that was truly a feat to shout about). Definitely a movie that will make you cry, this gets my approval as a must see, even if you loved the book.


(photo from pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment