Friday, November 8, 2013

Letters to Norby #24



Dear Norby-

One year ago, you came into my life as the best little gift I could have ever received (thanks sis!). You came a little sooner than the family was expecting, at near 3 in the morning, when we were expecting to hear about you later in the afternoon. I’ll never forget that I was on my way down to Maryland to a wedding for two friends (who’s wedding anniversary I’ll always remember) when Grammy called me frantic, telling me you were here and that she knew nothing else.  All of a sudden, I was your auntie and all that mattered was that you were healthy.

Being your aunt is one of the best jobs I’ve ever had, I get to watch you grow, I get to play and have fun. I get to do some of the less then fun things like change you, pick up tons of toys, and I always get to return you to your mom. This past year has been full of many things full of you!  You’ll not believe me for years on how you use to fit in the crook of my arm and how you’d like when I rolled my Rs for you and cooed like an owl.  I can hardly believe the little baby you were has grown into a grilled cheese eating little man.

Looking forward to the next year of adventures with you. Happy Birthday Norbs!

Love your favorite auntie


(image via fun4kids)

No comments:

Post a Comment