Monday, November 4, 2013

monday after the marathon




Thanks to a good friend of mine, I’ve become a marathon spectator, having gone to several to see her compete. I actually love watching marathons, it sounds completely loony to be like I like watching people run while I stand around.  However, it’s truly inspiring to watch so many people who’ve been training for months (maybe years) push past you and complete 26.2 miles. My personal favorite thing to do is yell strangers names and encourage them to keep going (thank you to everyone who puts their names on their shirts – this allows me to feel like we are friends for the 20 seconds I shout, Go, Bob, Go!), the smiles on people’s faces is priceless when they know you are cheering them on to the end. Congratulations to all the runners this past weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment