Friday, February 7, 2014

from my bookshelf




I probably read more than the average person, typically in a year I read about a book a week. It’s certainly not completely evenly spread- when  I am working and only reading on my commutes and before bed I am reading at a slower pace, and vacations I tend to pick up and read a lot more.  It’s truly my favorite hobby- there’s nothing better to me than falling into a book and not being able to put it down. I thought I’d share some recent great reads in case you’re hankering for a recommendation.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. If you like twisted tales of who’s really the guilty party, this is a page turner. Just when you start to think one thing, you realize another character is even crazier than the last. Added bonus with this one is that it’s going to be a movie this fall staring Mr. Ben Affleck.

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. The first installment of The Game of Thrones – not just a geeky fantasy book, but one with all sorts of tales. I particularly enjoy the different  viewpoints as each chapter switches characters. I am very fond of young Bran Stark- who’s only eight years old in this first book.

The Hit by David Baldacci. I have always enjoyed crime thrillers and this one was definitely had some interesting plots. When I discovered David Baldacci a few years ago, I was impressed by the topical subject matter, that really makes you wonder what the leaders of any government are up to – even our own. It feels like there’s so much going on behind the scenes, and this novel really makes you think about that. 

I'd love any recommendations for next reads if you have one.


(photo via pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment