Monday, December 16, 2013

holiday homework




I am actually officially on vacation the entire Christmas week, which I usually don’t do – that’s what I get for not taking more days earlier in the year (2014 – will I take the two weeks of vacation back to back?). I know it’s nothing to complain about having a real school like vacation week here at the end of the year, but I’ll probably still check emails and keep a few things moving along, but for the most part, I am going to enjoy a little R&R.

I did, however, end up with some homework for the week – yes, ten years after college, I have homework over the break. Two friends asked me to complete two things while I plan on hanging around with the family. I wish someone told me the plan was just to play with Norbs the whole week. Anyway, I am supposed to watch all of Downton Abbey before the next season starts, which I have never watched but apparently this is a must watch show (I am usually late to the party, except when it comes to The Blacklist, that’s one I started the week it started), and I am to read the first book of Game of Thrones.  So, in a week that’s supposed to be 24 episodes of television and an 800 page novel…  somehow my vacation feels like exam prep. Game of Thrones though is amazing, as I started this a few weeks ago since it’s so long and I read every day on the train and before bed (book nerd here), so I am feeling like I might be ready for book two before the end of the year. 

Do you have any holiday week homework?

1 comment:

  1. You will be extremely thankful for taking the whole week off, nothing sucks more than going back to work the day after Christmas. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete