Wednesday, January 1, 2014

christmas week highlights





Christmas week was a rough one for me, I had the flu for two days which knocked me right out. I swear, my body loves letting me get sick as soon as I am at Mom’s house and she can take care of me (I know Mom really loves that too). Anyway, on Christmas I did start to feel like a human again able to eat more than toast. I also looked at this a tiny bit of a jump start to the 2014 eating better routine (nothing says skinny jeans like a few days of the stomach flu).

Anyways, I was lucky enough to get to spend a full week the family, despite my two days in bed. It was so nice to see everyone for a long while and have some time away from work. A quick list of highlights below:

Watching Norbs dance and sway to the Bill Clinton saxophone Santa toy my parents have, it’s ridiculously funny and he’s so happy when he’s grooving.

Seeing two movies at the theater with Mom, we saw The Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle. Clearly we had some theme requirements when choosing movies: Tri-State area location, movies set in the past, and looking like an Oscar contender. It also didn’t hurt that I had super old passes to the movies that I bought sometime in 2012 (yep, that long kiddos) so it felt like going to the movies for free.

Winning a week in the football pool at work, with 15 out of 16 picks correct- against the spread. I should placed that bet in Vegas and retired or something. That’s 94% correct on an equalized (anyone who wants a lesson in spreads let me know) playing field. Dad was ridiculously proud, this made the flu feel like it was lucky, and I treated myself to something special with the winnings.

Enjoying some much needed rest to gear up for 2014.


Happy New Year to all!
 
(photo from pinterest)

1 comment:

  1. Booooo to the stomach flu (those are the absolute worst) but yay to lots of time with the fam and going to see some good movies :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete