Wednesday, January 8, 2014

15 before 2015





I totally missed the 30 before 30 posts that I keep seeing (I am old, well not really, but I am over 30 so that just seems silly to start a 40 before 40, because well I don’t want to). Instead, I am going to set a small list of goals for the next two years, and hopefully check in with this list from time to time throughout the years. Might I never touch this, sure – might I really feel better about having some goals out there. Here I go…

Get to Paris  and take the Eiffel Tower photo

Spend an afternoon in the Met, the Guggenheim, and the MoMA

Workout 3-4 times a week, every week

Read Non-Fiction regularly (ideally, every fourth book I read).

Get a pet – I really want a dog – and have a hankering for French Bulldogs (intsagram obsession). A dog might be too much so maybe I am looking at a little kitty to keep me company, or glare at me or whatever cats do. Two years to figure this out (it’s going to be a goldfish).

Get completely out of debt, student loans, credit cards, all of the above and save more money. I’ve started a little log for each month to track my progress for 2014. I hope to be debt free by December 2014, if not sooner.

Shop less. I love new clothes, I love online shopping, but I have so much already, it’s time to get rid of things before getting anything new.

Give up alcohol for Lent. 40 days, 40 nights. I am never attempting this for New Years as my birthday is so close to the beginning of the year. I just feel like a break from drinks might do a body good. Plus Fat Tuesday is a great last party night.

Volunteer my time to an organization. I tend to be a person who will write a check, or donate some money to a cause, it’s time to donate my time.

Spend two weekends a year exploring a city I’ve never been to in the United States. It’s time to start taking advantage of those weekly airline deals, the book 36 Hours, and see some of the United States.

Purchase a home. I love my apartment, but it’s time to graduate to homeownership in the next few years.

Stop allowing for completely lazy Saturdays in front of the television. I am so guilty of allowing myself to park it in my jammies (and no, not just my Christmas jammies) on a Saturday and waste the entire day watching television. One thing that might help this is that Soapnet is off the air, so no more 90210, One Tree Hill or Gilmore Girls to suck me in during the weekends.

Work on being more green in my everyday life. I am a disposable water bottle girl, and it’s so bad for the environment. I’ve also been trying to make the switch to bar soaps and shampoos to better the environment as well, the bonus is my hair looks so much better with bar soap and requires much less washing.

Get this work life balance thing under control. I am very guilty of working over the weekends, on vacations and late nights. I’d like to normalize a bit and be less of a workaholic.

Learn to snowshoe – I’ve always wanted to do this and I am going to make it happen.

Some are more ambitious than others, some are fun, others serious, all and all I like it. I’ll check in from time to time with an update to see how I am progressing. It’s fun to have a list of things to accomplish. Wish me luck!


(quote via pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment