Friday, January 31, 2014

welcome to football town





I live about 20 minutes from MetLife Stadium and I am loving all this hype about a cold weather Super Bowl. In all honesty, I am not sure I’d be willing to pay for a ticket to pretty much wear as many layers as I can to see a football game – even the biggest game of the year. I am on the band wagon of a Super Bowl should be played somewhere that actually feels like a vacation. Give me sunny weather, a balmy 70 degrees and I am ready to watch some sports. I’ve lived in cold weather climates for my entire life, freezing your tuckus off is not fun for anyone. I do love though that today at work one of my colleagues told me it’s going to be warm on Sunday – hovering near 30 degrees, now that’s what I am talking about. It actually will feel warm compared to the 15 degree world I’ve been living in, but that still doesn’t make me want sit outside in the evening.

I am looking forward to watching the game from the comfort of my own home, complete with some homemade chili and following along on my Super Bowl grids. It’s not looking like a good grid night for me anyway – I participated in two people’s grids- one where I have 0-5 (Broncos- Seahawks) and in the other I have 5-2, 0-5, and 8-7 (Broncos – Seahawks) – so here’s hoping to some wacky scoring to get to an ending in 5 Seattle. This is my last weekend fully home for a couple of weeks so some Super Bowl and fabulous commercials are a perfect way to end a good weekend. If you haven’t seen this commercial by Budweiser with the cutest puppy ever, I highly suggest you watch. Before game time I am putting a 10-1 bet that this will be one of the best commercials of the night.  Now I want a puppy, and horse, oh an a cute cowboy.

Enjoy your Super Bowl Weekend readers!

(map from pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment