Friday, February 10, 2012

Down the Memory Boulevard


Quiet a few of my friends have children who are just about to turn two, which is such a fun age. I have extremely fond memories of books I loved as a child, so I've been trying to add to their collections with some of my must haves. One of my favorites, and my mother's favorites is Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey.  I casually mentioned to my mom on the phone that I was going to send this book to a friend for her little girl, and she quickly started to say "Kuplink, kuplank, kuplunk" the repeating line of the story. My mother must have read this book to me hundreds of times, and I remember loving how little Sal and the little bear both have similar adventures. I hope that this books brings back great memories for my friend's daughter when she is older as it has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment