Friday, November 4, 2011

god only knows what I'd be without you

The Beach Boys are one of my all time favorite bands. You might be able to trace that back to the days when Full House featured them on the show at least once a season for my formative years (Uncle Jesse was so cool, and anyone else notice how he got hotter as he aged?). Though Kokomo and Forever are great songs, they don't compare with the classics of the Pet Sounds album. This is one of those CDs that I can play the whole thing and just enjoy every song. Those classic melodies, songs that tell a story, and of course some simple little love songs that state what every young couple in the 1960's must have been thinking- yes, it really would be nice if we were older. The boys harmonizing puts me in a good mood, and these are songs that just make long for summer days at the beach or driving in a convertible car.

No comments:

Post a Comment