Tuesday, November 1, 2011

oh candy, your love's so sweet

Clearly, I am trapped in the past this week - I think any holiday sends me on a trip down memory lane. Halloween is one of those rare holidays where bad behavior can totally be allowed. I remember how important it was to count all the loot from trick or treating upon arriving at home, and then figuring out which candies you had the most of, and trading siblings and friends for your favorites. I still get disappointed when I think about the people who gave raisins, Charleston Chews, or the dentist down the street who would hand out toothbrushes - definitely not in the spirit of the holiday. My favorite candy has held steady and true after all these years, the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. There is something about that chocolate and peanut butter combination that I never tire of.  Now, if only I was allowed to go trick or treating to see how many of these I could come home with.

No comments:

Post a Comment