Thursday, November 1, 2012

to live like a refugee

Hi All- I've returned home to the New York City area, but not quite all the way home yet. I live in that New Jersey town that's been a highlight of all in the news these days given the flooding and destruction caused by Hurricane Sandy. The transportation to and from the city is downright impossible right now, I spent no less then two and half hours coming in from the airport just due to congestion - so for now I am very happy to stay put on a couch in a warm apartment with all the comforts of home. It's been incredible to watch the news and see the places you go, just completely altered- heartbreaking truly. People have experienced a lot of loss and have a lot of rebuilding to do. New Yorkers and the surrounding areas are resilient - I love how the greater good of people comes out in times of need. Keep taking care of each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment