Monday, August 26, 2013

ode to the weekend




Oh weekend, you are never quite long enough for me. I really think most of us would say weekends should be a little longer- like start at noon on Fridays, or end at noon on Monday. I’ll never get enough weekend in. This one was pretty packed which was nice for a first weekend back on my home turf after four weekends out of town. I like escaping to other places, but I really don’t like being gone from my home that long, or away from my real life all the time. Alas, though I think I am local bound for the next few months which makes me smile.

I started my weekend with a lunchtime treat on Friday, going to the Drybar for a blowout. I had purchased a Gilt certificate for this, that I never had a special occasion to use it on – so with a week to go before expiration, I was like well summer and Fridays are a good enough reason to have a great hair day.  If you’ve never experienced the Drybar, it is one of my favorite little treats- you get your hair washed, and blown into perfection while sipping a drink (the mimosa was skipped this time due to it being in the middle of the work day) and watching some awesomely girlie movie. I followed this up by having my photo taken for the company email system- hey if the whole company has to see my smiling face they might as well get to enjoy my good hair day all the time.

Friday night kicked off with a quick office happy hour, followed by dinner and drinks with a few friends. Saturday was a bit of cleaning, and taking a long walk – which feels so good after so many weeks of being idle. I am not quite up for running yet so getting in some mileage the old fashioned way. Saturday evening was more of the same of Friday, but included a thirtieth birthday outing for one of my friends (the third birthday, of last week’s birthday trifecta). Definitely was great to see a lot of my friends after being gone for so many weeks.  Sunday, I wrapped up the weekend with a gym class, another long walk, a trip to the cinema to see “The World’s End” (super funny), and dinner. 

Now that it’s Monday, I could use another couple hours away, and a masseuse for my quads – my legs are tired!

Hope you had a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog (Via GFC)and it really feel pleasure meeting new awesome bloggers like you. Found you through Mingle Monday Link Up. Was busy last month due to sister's marriage so was not regular in blogging, but now will regular and waiting for your next post. I would really love it if you follow me back.

    my blog: wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Wilson-

      Thank you for finding me. Looking forward to following your adventures.

      Jill

      Delete