Tuesday, January 3, 2012

strange spaghetti in this solemn city...


When I was really little my absolute favorite food was pasta - my mother spent many a lunch time reheating leftovers for me because I didn't really like sandwiches. I am pretty sure she feared that she was going to have to bring me lunch everyday when I did go off to school. Luckily, my tastes did evolve a bit overtime and I was able to go the normal lunch route when I finally went off to first grade. I still enjoy a good pasta dish, and finally decided it was time to tackle making my own Bolognese sauce from scratch. I used this recipe from Real Simple, to make a delicious homemade tomato sauce in my slow cooker (which definitely needs more use). It was quite tasty and I put the extra portions in the freezer for another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment