Wednesday, December 5, 2012

what would you say


Last weekend, I had the opportunity to go see Dave Matthews Band in concert. In high school, everyone loved DMB, and everyone in my hometown would make the annual pilgrimage to see Dave in concert at Gillette Stadium each summer. I was filled with nostalgia when I was asked if I wanted to go see the show – I remember tailgating and feeling like it was the coolest thing ever (and at 17, that was pretty much the coolest thing ever). Though I haven’t been quite an avid fan for more years than I will put out here on the internet, the show was amazing. Granted I only embarrassingly could remember the lyrics to one song (sorry Dave, my 17 year old self would have done much better)- but there was one song where the violin solo knocked my socks off- and was by far the best part of the entire show. There is just something about a rock and roll violin that’s beyond cool.  I really enjoyed going to see a live performance- it’s been far too long since I’ve done that – so hopefully 2013 brings some opportunities to see more live music.

No comments:

Post a Comment