Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Tell the Wolves I am Home



As an avid reader, I am always looking for something new to pick up and spark my interest.  One of my more recent reads, Tell the Wolves I am Home by Carol Rifka Brunt, definitely captured my heart and attention. Taking place in the 1980s, in a suburb of New York City, teenaged June becomes friends with her uncle’s boyfriend, Toby, after her Uncle Finn passes away from AIDS related complications. Both have been told to take care of each other via Finn, and start a unique and strange friendship. June’s family is also interesting and there’s many secrets. The historical setting of the 1980s makes you wonder about how now things might be a bit different  today and how someone can truly be so special it’s hard to share them with everyone else.  This up on my list of highly recommended reads.

(picture via pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment