Wednesday, October 2, 2013

rainy days and weekends



I am totally craving a rainy weekend day, you know the type – steady rain all day that makes you feel like it’s 100% acceptable to make a big stack of pancakes, snuggle up on the couch and not change of you pajamas and watch movies all day. So far the forecast has been lovely most weekends this fall, so I’ve been trying not to allow myself to fall into a completely lazy Saturday and enjoy being outside as much as possible. Winter is going to come, and if the Farmer’s Almanac is correct it’s going to be insanely snowy and I’ll get plenty of weekend afternoons to snuggle inside.  There’s a few movies I feel are must see for everyone, just things that make you think or just laugh. I’ve complied a small list of winter movies for anyone looking to have a lazy weekend.
               
Beautiful Girls – based in a small Massachusetts town, Willie returns home from New York for a reunion to figure out life, while seeing all his old high school buddies.  You get small town life, big dreams and people who don’t always see what’s in front of them. Added bonus: a very young Natalie Portman in an actual wise beyond her years 13 year old neighbor to the main character.

The Holiday – Cameron D heads to the snowy English countryside and finds Jude Law.  Kate Winslet is completely charming with the elderly neighbor and snags a surprisingly handsome Jack Black. It’s holidays, love, and happy endings for all, plus some wacky movie voiceover guy. Plus the British accents are lovely and posh.

Love Actually – Brits are awesome (no really they are, if you happen to be one of my British colleagues, please feel overly flattered), but movie has so many sweet love stories. I flip my favorite couple depending on where I am personally in my own life, though Colin Firth is always a favorite of mine ( I crushed him back in his Mr. Darcy days and still do). I also like when you see how people weave in and out of each other’s lives.


photo via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment