Wednesday, October 30, 2013

happiness list




And I am back to my happiness list – I think this is my new favorite sometimes series, maybe closely tied with Letters to Norby (love that kid like wow). It’s one of those things that reminds me to stop and smell the roses – ever so important to do when the world sometimes just doesn’t go the way you want it.

So here we go:

Planning my last 5 vacation days for 2013. I have a very generous vacation time allotment, and even with these days, I still have some to use for next year. Most of the time will be spend with the family around Christmas, but one day is officially declared Jill’s NYC Staycation Day. Planning has officially commenced to make the most of the day.

Breakfast tacos from my favorite brunch place in Hoboken, Hoboken Gourmet. I love tacos, I love eggs, I am one happy camper when I have breakfast tacos.  I am also a massive fan of the vanilla hazelnut coffee which is a house specialty – it’s so good. Reminds me to make a mental note to get coffee from there next weekend as a treat (done).

Bikram yoga  - think we’ve finally gotten out of the hate relationship and gotten to the love stage. I started up again and just have been really enjoying the feeling of health and zen that the room is giving me these days. I am actually counting down to when I can go again, which means I am slightly hooked. I’ve been trying to get into yoga for the better part of a year, perhaps I am finally there.

Tootsie Rolls are also making me particularly happy, I think most people find them the rejects of the Halloween candy, but I go in search of them when I can. My office has trick or treating for the kids, which is so much fun – but upon the wrap up of the event, a colleague and I raided the remaining candy at our department- I’ve got a desk full of Tootsie Rolls and a happy little smile on my face.

Enjoying this cover of Miley’s “We Can’t Stop”… something about slowing things down makes me smile. 

And finally, a great lazy dinner of apples, cheese, peanut butter and pretzels - amazingly easy, delightfully delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment