Thursday, December 8, 2011

I hope you dance

Over the weekend, I finally got around to decorating my apartment for the holidays. If it had gotten much later into December I probably would have skipped the task all together since Christmas is so close to Thanksgiving this year, and the fact that I still go away every single holiday to visit my family in Massachusetts. My mom loves to give my sister and me new decorations each year for presents- adding new additions for the house to each coming year. Half of the fun of displaying the cheer is opening the storage boxes and stumbling across memories from past Christmases. I love to look at the ornaments and think about the people who gave the to me, or remember a trip when I picked something out to remember a great vacation. This little joyful leaping deer is one of my favorite pieces year after year. He always brings a smile to my face when I walk by the mantle every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment